In 2010 the series has also received a voiceover comic featuring members of the Japanese Idol group AKB48. On June 14, 2013 a live action film was released.
Each story is presented to the reader during different class periods by a ghost girl, Yomi, who makes conversation before and after the story usually in relation to it. The tales within her book are to teach the readers about the cruelty of other humans, namely school-aged children, featuring cruel and ironic twists to the victims and antagonist written within it.
- The Abandoned School At Midnight
- Bloody Valentine
- Graduate Number 108
- Supplements For The Brain
- The Matching Class
- Kasako-San is Coming
- The Truth About Yomi - Part 1
- The Truth About Yomi - Part 2
- The Endless Game of Tag
- The Slit Mouthed Woman
- The Land Of Mermaids
- The Day I Became A Demon - Part 1
- The Day I Became A Demon - Part 2
- Ding Dong Lady
- Mei-chan's Text
- Yomi-Sama's Facts -Prequel-
- Yomi-sama's Facts -Sequel-
- The Sea of Silence
- Beloved Plush Toy
- Capsuled Personality Vending Machine
- Photo Sticker Collection
- Extra Class: Black Cat Saya
- Period 59: Yomi's Door -Part 2-
- Period 60: Red Heeled Woman
- Period 61: Paradise Box
- Period 62: The Girl in the Poster
- Zekkyou Gakkyuu won the award for best Children's manga at the 59th Shogakukan Manga Awards.
- It has a french adaption.